I want to send a pepperF1SH quadcopter around the world. The idea is simple, you can apply to become the next hop on the world tour by filling in a form. I will queue all requests and try to figure out the optimal next hop roughly every two weeks. You fly it, record and upload a nice video to your Youtube channel, and send it to the next participant.
So how does it work?
- Fill out the form
- Receive the pepperF1SH package
- Fly it, record and upload a nice video on Youtube
- After two weeks of fun you send the whole package to the next participant
What are the rules?
- Have fun
- Fly legal — make sure to adhere to your local laws
- Do not fly close to people
- Don’t break it (if you do — fix it, spares are in the box)
- Send it to the next participant
What’s in the Box?
- The latest pepperF1SH 1S brushless fpv quadcopter prototype
- Some spares (frame, bumper, screws, motors)
- Some 1S 200mAh batteries
What do I need?
- A compatible Frsky radio transmitter (international D8 protocol)
- FPV goggles (5.8GHz)
- A cool location to fly
Ok, where is the catch?
The only thing you have to do is to send the package to the next participant at your cost. I will figure out a cost efficient route that does not cross borders to much. If you like you can sign the copter before sending it to the next participant and if you enjoyed the quadcopter I would be happy to receive a nice postcard from your area!
Why do you do this?
I really like the way how this hobby connects different people from all around the world. When I look at the access log of this website I am quite surprised to see visitors from all over the world. This is also a nice way to collect some postcards from all around the world.
How Do you select the next hop?
I will try to optimize the next hop to save postage. Other factors are e.g. how trustworthy the application looks. So there is no guarantee if or when you will receive the package. I will try my best to keep you all updated on the current route. I can also not guarantee the start date, I am currently assembling the latest prototype that I intend to ship. However, there might be additional delays if I encounter any problems.
Enough said, show me the form!
UPDATE: I think I was way to slow, the 1S and even the 2S versions of my ESC were faster on the market than I though. It makes economically no sense to ship this thing around when you can build your own without much hassle. 🙂 Anyway, thanks for your interest and participation!